This is a bad idea for so many reasons:
- The picture. First birthdays are notorious for being messy; why add to your clean up misery?
- Black frosting stains - a lot! (See Point #1).
- Black frosting tastes disgusting! It is bitter and not the least bit palatable. I think The Boy's birthday guests were secretly glad he demolished it so that they'd be spared eating something that is supposed to be edible, but clearly is not.
- Is there anything less joyous than black frosting? Black frosting is reserved for unpleasant things, not first birthdays.
- Using black frosting for your eldest first birthday gives your extended family ammunition for years to come. Every birthday, every time a cake is served, my wonderful family is very quick to point out my baking faux pas.
So, please let this be a word of caution to all over zealous moms (and dads - no sexism here): USE BLACK FROSTING WITH CAUTION. You have been warned.
Until next time...